StatCounter

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't Worry Be Happy

 
Posted by Picasa

Everything seems to be pointing me to chose happiness. Yesterday I stopped to pick up three pennies in the rain. They were all face up, which is supposed to be lucky. I don't care I'll pick them up no matter which way they are facing. I feel lucky to have found a penny. Many won't bend over for one.

When I went to Wal-mart today, the teenage clerk asked how I was. I simply said, "Okay". He said, "Just okay. Come on I want everyone to be great." Or something like that. He made me look on the bright side of my errand-running afternoon.

"Well, I am off from work." Then I added, "Sorry for you. But at least you have a job."

He said, "That's okay. I'm having a great day. And yes, I have friends who can't get jobs."

He wished me a great day as I left. He is the second younger person who I have run into in the last few weeks with jobs that others would complain about but turned it all around and looked on the bright side of things.

Well, tonight after dinner, I was cleaning the counter and there was a spot of spaghetti that was stubborn. I scrubbed and scrubbed and then I started laughing. George wanted to know what was so funny. There appeared a smile...it's not Mother Mary on toast or Jesus in a potato chip, but it certainly is a spaghetti sauce smiley face and I'll take it! George said to take a picture, which I did. Now, do I have to scrub it away?

Be Happy!

No comments: