StatCounter

Monday, December 31, 2018

Memory Box 2018




George and Ben had a special trip to Vietnam. It was 50 years since George's first "trip". They were gone for 10 days. While they were away on their adventure, my BFF and I went away for a few days to Lake George. 

The in the fall for our anniversary, George and I went to Pennsylvania for vacation. I got to do one of my bucket list items and that was going to Sight & Sound Theater. It was all I had hoped and more. We saw "Jesus" and it was just incredible. The rest of our vacation was awesome--staying in a train mail car one night, having dinner on a train and seeing a replica of the Ark of the Covenant. It was a great vacation.

We saw many plays. My favorites would be "Love Never Dies" and "Scrooge". 


On New Year's Eve, I re-read all the cards and notes we received and re-live the love shared.





We had plenty of other memories in this box too--some sad visits to hospitals and funerals. Losing our sweet brother-in-law, Chuck, was the worse part of the year.






I am still pondering these fortune cookie messages. According to these and our wonderful year, we are not failures. I am not sure that is right to judge your life by what a good time you are having. On the flip side is the other fortune, our trials and tribulations form us and make us stronger.


Well, that's our memory box for this year. It's fun to reflect upon each year as they end. I am glad to say this is one that I will not say, "Good riddance" as others in the past. I will say, "thanks for the memories, 2018." I don't know if 2019 can top this one, but here's to what is yet to come. Happy New Year!






No comments: