StatCounter

Monday, October 7, 2019

Canada Days 3 & 4

Our remaining mornings we ate breakfast at our hotel, the Quality Inn & Suites in Brossard, Quebec City. They gave us a choice of 4 menu items. I was happily trying them in order the 4 mornings we were there and was very disappointed that on the 4th day, they ran out of the 4th item--a delicious vanilla yogurt parfait with a large variety of fresh fruit. I know it was delicious because I had a spoonful of George's on one day. I will say the crepes came with a lot of delicious fresh fruit too. 
Here is what our mornings looked like, a little snug.

On this day we left for a guided tour of Montreal. We had a tour guide join us on our bus for the next three days. He did his best to tell us anything we asked besides the typical tourist stuff. He had a heavy French accent which made us have to think twice on some of the things he said. As I said before, my mind is in info overload and I really can't retell the historic things he told us. I do remember what he told us about the Canadian healthcare system but won't go into that here.

We began our tour of Montreal:

This was our tour guide.


These crosses appeared throughout the park to remind that it was once a spot of a cemetery. 






One thing that attracted me to go to Montreal was their "underground city". It is amazing the underground network they have made of shops and offices and eateries, etc. that protects them from the weather elements and also traffic. They are adding even more to this already enormous development underneath the roads. This unusual concept is amazing and seemed ahead of us in their use of property. It was said, though, that Montreal is constantly under construction. It was unbelievable all the work being done in the city. 
Underground was this piano for anyone to tickle the ivories.

I believe they called this artwork, the Lipstick Forest.

I tried out these swings for people to hang out in and I loved them! Come on, CT, get on board. 

A ping pong table for use in the underground mall, no money required. 

This was an actual piece of the Berlin Wall.

Other side of the Berlin Wall.




Back above ground:











These two statues were comical representative of the English and French division in the city. They are snubbing each other with their back to each other. 
The next stop was the highlight of the trip for me. As soon as we walked into the Notre Dame Basilica, it took our breath away. It is awesomely beautiful. I am disappointed that my camera could never give it justice. It is just amazing. I wish we could have lingered longer, but that is one of the disadvantages of a group tour.








Outside again on a rainy day.


Our tour guide tried to come up with something for us to do inside before taking us to dinner. He took us to the pool used in the 1976 Olympics. 


Another long day brought us back to our hotel around 8 pm and up and out by 8:30 am the next morning to go to Quebec City.















 Back on the bus.
As I said, things are blurry and I don't know if this was from this day or Montreal the next day.








Another night getting back to our hotel after 8 pm. Long days, for sure.

No comments: