StatCounter

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Barbie Turns 50

I admit that I spent hours playing with Barbies. I had Midge, her best friend, though I just read that they were only friends 1963-1966. I wonder what happened and if they stayed in touch. I had Ken and the cardboard version of her house. It folded up and had a neat carrying handle.

The clothes were pretty pricey back then. I had a few outfits but most of my Barbie's wardrobe were painstakingly made by my mother. I had a box full of outfits to chose from.

I wonder if in the more recent years if they ever made her shoes that would stay on. As I remember she always wanted to kick off her heels.

After all these years, I just found out that she had a whole name--though she never needed it because every knows her by Barbie, just like Cher needs no other name. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. Well, nice to meet you.

It is hard to believe that she is 50 now. She doesn't look a day over 25--but then again I know she's had plastic surgery.

No comments: