StatCounter

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bethlehem Cachet

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


One would think that having a day off, that I would stay clear of post offices, however, that's where I headed to on this day. I always knew that the Bethlehem, CT Post Office had a special cachet that you could have put on your letters mailed from there. This year when I read about the town festival this weekend, we decided to make the trip.

When we got to the post office, it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. They had several tables set up for you to stamp your envelopes. There was a wall display of over seventy stamp designs to chose from. Each, I believe, was designed by local artists over the years. We quickly decided which one we wanted and easily located the corresponding rubber stamp and started stamping away. It was an efficient set up and fun to "decorate" our envelopes and to mail them from Bethlehem. I wish I had all my cards done. It gave me a boost to get most of them out early. I didn't think like George said, to bring a few blank envelopes--next year. I do believe that I will do this again. I enjoyed the special touch.

Although you missed the town festival, you can still go to the Bethlehem Post Office and pick your own cachet to put on your envelopes. There is no charge to do this. I feel a possible new tradition coming!

No comments: