StatCounter

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Stratton Brook State Park

An autumn is not complete (or summer or spring. I don't think I've ever been in winter) without visiting Stratton Brook State Park. It is one of my favorite peaceful spots. At only seven miles from our home, I always ask myself why I don't go more often--just to sit and read or write or even picnic lunch or walk the trail or around the pond.

It was crowded with geese this morning.

And a little later, two bus loads of kids arrived for a hike. It wasn't until I was leaving that I realized they were from the school in Hartford where my daughter teaches. I thought they look like ducks walking in a row and took a couple of pictures. It wasn't long before they were down the trail and it was so quiet you wouldn't even know there was such a large group down the trail.



















No comments: