StatCounter

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Three Sisters Sanctuary



Today we discovered the Three Sisters Sanctuary in Goshen, MA. I just don't know what to say. There is so much to look at and to try and process. It is certainly an intriguing and unique place. I wish I had watched the Youtube video about it online before going to understand more about it and the creator.

This place is the brainchild of Richard Richardson, who calls himself an environmental artist. Named after his three daughters, he started this project over twenty years ago with his brother. After the passing of his brother, and later, one of his daughters, he was prompted to keep this going and kept adding to it. According to the website, some of the artwork is of guest artists, but there is nothing on the grounds to tell you that--or any information about the history or anything. I suggest you look online first.

Creative would be the best word to describe this place. Enjoy these pictures of the artwork intermingled with nature. There was so much to see, that I know we missed many treasures. Being works of art, which one normally takes time to study, I realize we didn't allow enough time to really appreciate everything.













I didn't get the top of this--it is free-standing chain--not connected to anything else.
























Amphitheater--sometimes they have music venues here or it can even be rented for weddings or other events.







Not real children








































I didn't realize until I got home and watched a video, that this was a dragon above the stove and obviously the smoke from the oven would "breath" out of his mouth. Clever.













No comments: