StatCounter

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Part 4 of Vacation: A little time in Portsmouth and cruise of the Isles of Shoals, Star Island

 

The next day we were booked to take a cruise of the Isles of Shoals in Portsmouth. We killed a little time before the ship left to walk around Portsmouth. Again, it was hot. 






The cruise was 1 1/2 hours to Star Island, an hour on the island and then the return trip. The bigger ship which we would normally be taking was reserved for some kind of reunion, so we had the smaller ship. We big-butted people found the seats too small. It was rather uncomfortable after a while and hard to enjoy the ride but it was a beautiful day to be on the water.

These were pictures on the way out to the island.









On Star Island we could enjoy the island or rest on the beautiful porch of the retreat center. I realized now I never got a picture of the front of the building, so I found this picture on the internet. 




















This was a first for me. It had several stalls, so all genders could use it at the same time. I was happy no one else came in while I was using it. That would be really awkward for me to get used to. 

These are the ride back.



These pictures were very disappointing to me. As I stated before, I have a new phone and the zoom was messed up or something (or operator error, most likely). There were seals on this island. I just couldn't get the camera to zoom in and focus on them. 





























You can get a glimpse here of how narrow the bench seats were.




The sunset as we arrived at a new motel and ended the day.


September 9. 2023

No comments: