StatCounter

Sunday, September 24, 2023

Part 7 Not wanting the vacation to end, but wanting the vacation to end

 That's how I felt. Was hoping for a "wow" factor on our vacation like some we have had in the past and didn't feel we got it. We could have stayed longer, but there was much to do at home, so we decided to take a leisurely day going home.

When I read there was a country store called, Mont Vernon (not Mount), I knew we had to stop by. It wasn't anything like Calef's. We were in and out in 5 minutes, but had to have George Washington pose for a photo op. 


Then, for old times' sake, we went home via the Mohawk Trail. It was a beautiful day for beautiful pictures. 

















\



The hairpin turn.



Last stop on the way home was one of my favorite country stores in Huntington, MA. I was so sad to see that it's going out of business. The owners are retiring and it sounds like the building is being sold but not the business. Bummer! I have to make it back one more time for the delicious wrapples and see what else is on sale that I want to buy before they close in October. And that was the end of our vacation. 







September 12, 2023




No comments: