StatCounter

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"On Cloud Ten"

--not nine, ten...That's what my Uncle said about his first book signing for his joke book at the nursing home on April Fool's Day. He was in three newspapers and the local TV news. I am so happy for him and proud of such an accomplishment at age 83. I see my cousin has been busy helping him out--I saw the book online at Amazon and Target.

The good news is that the nursing home says as long as he doesn't get rich, he will be able to keep the money!

I have to tell you the last time we saw him, he didn't look so well. When I saw the picture of him in the Lawrence paper, he looked great! I think this has had such a good effect on him emotionally and probably physically.

At one time we were afraid if this got published that it would take away a reason to live--that's not the case. He's working on book two! I am so happy for him.
I haven't been able to find out the names of the other newspapers, but if you want to see one article, here's the site: http://www.eagletribune.com/archivesearch/local_story_092061856.html

I can't wait until I get up there to get my personally autographed copy of his book.

I guess there's still time for me to get a book written--though, I don't really want to wait that long--but certainly better late than never.

No comments: