StatCounter

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Boston Part 3




Just some more pictures from the boat ride. Unfortunately the second bird picture had to be taken through the glass. He was so close too.

After the boat ride, we went to Quincy Market walking around, window shopping, buying yummy foods and watching street entertainers. We saw a guy work his way out of a straight jacket and listened to some interesting music produced by a Peruvian (?) Indian. We bought one of his Inca Cd's. It is very relaxing music--kind of like the pan flute. That time went too quickly and we had to be back on the bus. We think next time we will just take a bus or train to Boston and do what we want to do, not be under the time restraints of the tour.

One thing I like about bus trips is that I can read on a bus. The best part is being able to read without seeing things that need to be done around you. I read 160 pages which must be a new personal record for me. I am reading, "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham (one of my favorite authors). It is non-fiction and therefore, very exasperating to see our justice system fail so horribly. It's so hard to believe all of it is true.

People watching was fun too on this trip, but I won't go into details as I have always tried in my blog to not talk about individuals unless it is good. But I have to say it was fun and interesting to see a guy who was working at the Cheesecake Factory trying to hit on a girl from the trip. A co-worker had to tell him he was needed elsewhere and he gave up when he found out the girls were only here for the day.

Well, the top picture of the duck says it all, this is the end of my posts regarding our Boston day trip.

No comments: