StatCounter

Sunday, January 11, 2009

"And another word..."

Today my husband is sick and for the first time, I had to clear our driveway of the six inches of snow by myself. I have never used a snow blower and was too intimidated. I started out shoveling but decided to use our Toro Power Shovel. This is a neat little shovel for walkways--it's like a mini-electric snow blower. We bought this for $10. at a tag sale one summer. We did not know if it worked or not and did not even try it the first winter that we owned it. Now we wish we had. It's the neatest little thing and sure saved me a lot of aches and pains.

The drawback is it needed an extension cord and even with that only made it 3/4 of the way down the driveway--which is great but the hardest part to shovel is the end of the driveway where the evil plow packs it in as hard and high as they can--or so it seems.

Nonetheless, I highly recommend the Toro Power shovel--esp. if you can get it cheap at a tag sale! The hardest part was keeping the extension cord out of the way, but that sure beats lifting and throwing snow! Warm weather and no snow would beat it all.

No comments: