StatCounter

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Dad at the Senior Talent Show




 
You know those years of your parents attending your programs, sports games, recitals, etc.? And then they attend all the grandchildren events? Well, today we had a chance to have a reversal of roles as we attended the First Annual Windsor Senior Talent Show. Windsor is where my Dad plays cards every week and when he heard about the talent show he told us he was going to enter. We assumed he was going to play the piano but he told us he wanted to tell jokes. This was something he had never done before, but he had dropped hints for a few years that he was thinking of doing it sometime.

Well, today we saw his debut act.



 The competition was stiff from hula dancers to the Charleston and other great acts.





The contestants

 
Dad getting his certificate



I'm hoping this takes. It is a video of my Dad telling his jokes. For those who are prone to sea sickness, be forewarned. It is wobbly at parts, but you can close your eyes and listen to his delivery if you like. We are very proud of him!
 
The white haired woman next to Dad sang, "When I Grow too Old to Dream"--I wasn't the only one in tears!
 
Well, my Dad is still fulfilling his dreams and living life to the fullest!
 

 
 

No comments: