StatCounter

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Odds & Ends

Well, more has been coming out about Jason Castro. He did not intentionally flub the song lyrics. I bet he was too rattled after the critiques from his first song. And he was not saying, "Don't Vote", he was saying, "vote, vote". Oh, well. He said that he will see where music leads him, so I sure hope he makes some Cd's. I have bought many of his songs off of I-tunes and I think he is fantastic.

Last night we finally saw "The Bucket List", so now we can cross it off our list. It was not as funny as I thought it was going to be. It had humorous moments and of course, sad too. It was good. I liked the comparisons between the different kinds of wealth--Jack Nicholson's character alone with more money than he could ever spend, no belief in the after life and Morgan Freeman's character, a car mechanic, with a loving family and faith in God--it was made clear who was the richer man and they shared their different kinds of richest with each other. I think I would like to read the book. I rarely read a book after a movie--only the other way around, but this is one I would like to read. The only other movies that made me want to read the books were "Forrest Gump" (and I was a little disappointed in the book) and "The Christmas Story"--the book was, "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" (in that case, I was not at all disappointed in the book.)

Well, now we are off to think of our own bucket list. If you thought I was going to share it, sorry. I think such lists are private, but if it is something big that we get to cross off, we'll probably let you know. At least we know that we are wealthy with family and friends and faith in God--hope you have such wealth too.

No comments: