StatCounter

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Well, that last entry was to let you know where you can get a free sample of Dunkin Donuts coffee. I'm always sending for free samples of things. Wal-mart is pretty generous with samples.

I think God is playing a funny trick. We have tried for a few weeks to go see the movie, "The Bucket List". If you don't know, it is a movie about a guy who is dying and has made a list of things to do before he kicks the bucket. I have joked with several people that as soon as we see this, I bet George makes a list.

Well, we are so fortunate that the Gilson has held this over for 7 weeks! Last week we did not realize that you needed reservations on the weekend. We made reservations for this Saturday and George got sick. They told me at the Gilson that they thought they would be holding it over another week.--A few years ago they held over "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" for what seemed like the whole summer. He said "The Bucket List" keeps selling out. So, we'll try again. Anybody want to join us? Let us know and we'll make reservations.

I think this is God's joke--start the list now and on the list put, "see the movie, The Bucket List".

Watched the 1958 original "Matchmaker" movie today that "Hello Dolly" came from. It had Anthony Perkins, Robert Morse (one of my favorites), Shirley Booth, Paul Ford and Shirley McClaine. I didn't know it was originally written by Thorton Wilder. It was fun to watch and fun when the characters sometimes directly spoke to the audience. I was waiting for them to break out singing, "Hello, Dolly", but it was not a musical. I enjoy good old black and white movies. I am so grateful for AMC and TCM channels.

Well, need to make a list of things to do tomorrow. No, it's not a bucket list. If we start that, I'll let you know.

No comments: