StatCounter

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Part Seven of A Few Days Away




















A picture is worth 1,000 words. Simply I'll say that all of these were taken at Harkness Memorial Park in New London. It's a beautiful mansion on the ocean with gorgeous gardens. You can't tour the mansion(though we got a sneak peak inside). It is mostly rented out for weddings downstairs, so all the furniture has been moved out. I understand the upstairs is furnished. We happen to know someone who will be going to a wedding there next year.

There are picnic tables and a walkway to the beach. Next door is Camp Harkness which is for handicapped people to enjoy the ocean.

When we went to Harkness Memorial many years ago, I remember seeing blue hydrangeas for the first time, but this time there were only pink ones. All the flowers are gorgeous and I don't even know if we saw all of the gardens. They go on and on.

Well, I'll just let my pictures do the rest of the talking. I hope you've enjoyed my sharing of our few days away.

No comments: